CouponChief.com, Inc. ("CouponChief.com") utilizes commission-based affiliate marketing from our merchant partners. To ensure that you, as a CouponChief.com Registered User, fully understand what your rights are as a User, and what our responsibilities are to you, we have created this User Agreement. As a User of the CouponChief.com website (referred to herein as "CouponChief") you agree that you have read, understood and agreed to the following "Terms and Conditions," and consent to be bound by all of the "Terms and Conditions," including any future amendments or updates thereto.
I. Coupon Submission
To add coupons to our site, you must choose a unique user name. Duplicate user names are not allowed, so if the name you enter is already in use, you will be prompted to choose another one. CouponChief, at its own discretion, may bar registration from any specific email service or ISP. Any coupon posted to our site expresses only the views of the author of the coupon and does not necessarily reflect the views of CouponChief or any person or entity associated with it. While CouponChief may use moderators and administrators to monitor the content and appearance of coupons posted to the site, you acknowledge that CouponChief is under no obligation to do so. Considering the real-time nature of this site, it is impossible for us to monitor or review every coupon or message. You agree that neither CouponChief, nor any person or entity associated with it, will be held responsible for the contents, accuracy, completeness or validity of any information posted as a coupon or coupon comment. You agree that you will not use our site to post any material, or links to any material, which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You agree you will not post promotional information for a website, entity or entity with which you are an affiliate, employee, owner, or otherwise receive any benefit from. You agree you will not post any copyrighted material without the express permission of the copyright holder, unless such copyright is owned by you or CouponChief.
You hereby grant CouponChief a perpetual, world-wide, royalty-free license to distribute copy, adapt, reproduce, transmit and otherwise use content and information you post as a coupon or coupon comment for any purpose and in any media now known or hereinafter developed. You expressly agree that we are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any coupon or communication you send to us without compensation and for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services using such information.
Advertisements, referral programs, chain letters, pyramid schemes, solicitations and links to on-line gambling sites are also inappropriate on CouponChief. Any User who believes that a posted coupon or coupon comment is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by clicking "flag comment" or by voting a coupon as "doesn't work". Upon receipt of such notification, we will make reasonable efforts to take such action as we deem necessary within a reasonable period of time. Since this is a manual process, you are advised that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. CouponChief reserves the right to delete any coupon or comment for any reason whatsoever, at our sole discretion. You agree that you are solely responsible for the content of your coupons and comments, and that you will indemnify and hold harmless CouponChief and their agents and employees with respect to any claim based upon the appearance and/or transmission of your coupons and coupon comments.
This site contains robot exclusion headers. Much of the information on CouponChief is updated on a real time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to CouponChief by our Users, Affiliate Merchants, or third parties. You agree that you will not exceed the limited access to the Site granted to you or use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access CouponChief for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not:
(i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;(ii) copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute or publicly display any content from this Site without the prior expressed written permission of CouponChief and appropriate third party, as applicable;(iii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; or(iv) bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site.
III. COUPONCHIEF PAYS-2-SHARE
As a User of CouponChief.com, you have the ability to earn money in the form of automatic rebates for other participants who use your coupons, which are separate and apart from, and in addition to, any other discounts available through CouponChief.com. This section identifies the manner in which you may earn money, when you will be paid, what rights you have as a User to the Pays-2-Share monies you have earned, and CouponChief's rights and responsibilities with respect to the CouponChief Pays-2-Share program.
1. Program Overview. The CouponChief Pays-2-Share program allows CouponChief.com Users to add coupons for participating merchants, and earn money when other Users of the site subsequently use those coupons. The Program is free to Users, and is conferred as a benefit of registration with CouponChief Pays-2-Share program. You are under no obligation to participate or redeem your Pays-2-Share money.
As a User, CouponChief Pays-2-Share money is automatically earned when someone who uses your coupons makes a qualifying online purchase from a merchant participating in Pays-2-Share on our Stores page. Some Participating Merchants may have special requirements to earn Pays-2-Share money. Further, not all merchants listed on our Stores page participate in the Program. Participating Merchant's are identified by a yellow cent icon.
2. Eligibility. The Program is offered for purchases made through links on the CouponChief.com website. You must have Internet access and a valid working e-mail address to receive the privileges of the Program. Further, participation in the Program is limited to U.S. residents that are 18 years of age or older. Only one Pays-2-Share account is allowed per household.
3. Earning CouponChief Pays-2-Share money. To be eligible to receive your funds, other Users of the site must make a qualifying purchase. Generally, in order to make a qualifying purchase, one must satisfy the following criteria:
(1). One must be 18 years of age or older.
(2). One must not be a direct visitor from a paid-advertising campaign, including, but not limited to: pay-per-click ads, banner advertising, and sub-affiliate relationships;
(3). One must link to a Participating Merchant from CouponChief's Stores/Offers page;
(4). One must add items to their cart;
(5). One must complete your transaction; and
(6). One must have cookies enabled on your web browser
(7). One must reside in the U.S.A. or Canada
Pays-2-Share User's earnings are calculated based on 2% of qualifying purchases, minus taxes, returns, adjustments, and order cancelations. Further, each User's earnings are limited to $25 per participating store, per month. A single coupon is eligible for commissions for up to 60 days after the date is becomes live, or when the offer expires, whichever comes first. There is no limit on the total amount a Pays-2-Share User may earn per month.
Reasons why you will not earn Pays-2-Share money for another Users purchase, include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1). You are under the age of 18.
(2). You go directly to the participating merchant without first visiting our Stores page;
(3). You complete multiple transactions without returning to our Stores page. (Completing each transaction ends their purchase with CouponChief association, and they have to start over to earn on subsequent purchases).
(4). You type a new address (URL) in the window opened by a CouponChief Stores or Offers page;
(5). You click on any "special offers" or toolbars from other websites while shopping;
(6). You allow too much time to lapse between linking to the merchant and completing the purchase.
(7). You contact the merchant to change an order.
(8). You fail to abide by the restrictions imposed by a Participating Merchant.
(9). You do not reside in the United States, Canada, or UK.
(10). The Participating Merchant fails to transmit to CouponChief the commission corresponding to the transaction.
(11). The coupon became active over 60 days ago
(12). The coupon is invalid or does not meet CouponChief's quality guidelines
Determination of whether or not a purchase made through a Participating Merchant is a qualifying purchase is made at the discretion of CouponChief.com. CouponChief.com is not responsible for tracking problems resulting from incorrect usage of the CouponChief.com site, disabling cookies, computer issues resulting from unknown causes such as third-party software or other issues, merchant partner errors/omissions or from any other failure of tracking mechanisms.
Upon selecting your supporting cause with CouponChief.com, a cookie will be set up and accrue Coupons-4-Causes money for that cause. When you are directed to a Merchant site, we utilize that cookie to tie your purchase back to the selected cause (or organization). Any interference with your browser cookies may result in our inability to correctly assign your earnings for your selected cause. Accuracy of stated Commission % earned Some Advertisers may have both Product/Category Level Commissions as well as default commissions (Commission Rates) defined. In these cases, certain products or categories of products have special commission terms, while all other products earn Commission Rates. Other special cases where Commission Rates are enforced are noted below. 1. The Product/Category does not exist for a given Merchant. 2. The Product/Category Level Commission is used for transactions, while actions earn Commission Rates. 3. The Product/Category Level Commission is incorrectly uploaded into the system.
4. Account Adjustments. Coupons-4-Causes funds earned for your selected cause are subject to adjustments for returns and cancellations, CouponChief's receipt of information and payments on such purchases/orders from Participating Merchants, and other events. CouponChief reserves the right to make adjustments to a Causes accounts at any time in accordance with this Agreement. If you disagree with any adjustments made to your Causes account, your sole remedy is to discontinue use of CouponChief.com.
CouponChief is not responsible for changes to, or discontinuance of, any Participating Merchant, or any Participating Merchant's withdrawal from the Program, or for any effect on accrual of CouponChief Coupons-4-Causes funds caused by such changes, discontinuance or withdrawal.
5. Termination of Program. CouponChief reserves the right to terminate the Coupons-4-Causes Program in whole or in part at any time with notice. In the event the Program is terminated, you will have sixty (60) days to redeem your CouponChief Pays-2-Share funds from the date notice is transmitted by CouponChief to the email address specified in your account. Notification will be sent to the email address provided to CouponChief during the registration process. CouponChief will not be responsible for failing to notify you of Program termination where such failure is caused by an inaccurate email address, your failure to check email online, or your failure to inform CouponChief of a change in your email address.
V. SCOUT CHROME EXTENSION
When a user of the Scout Chrome Extension chooses to click a drop down offer the may be redirected to one of our partner (aka advertiser) sites via affiliate cookies.
VI. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1. Use of Online Coupons. CouponChief provides online coupons as a free service to its Users. CouponChief is not responsible for the redemption, errors/omissions or expiration of online coupons and it is your responsibility to make sure that a discount, special pricing, or free offer is present in the checkout process of an Affiliate Merchant. All offers and promotions on this site are subject to change without notice. CouponChief has no control over the legality of any coupons or other offers made by Affiliate Merchants, the ability of any of the Affiliate Merchants to complete the sales in accordance with the offers, or the quality of the goods offered by the Affiliate Merchants. CouponChief has no control over whether Affiliate Merchants will honor the offers shown on CouponChief.com, and does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on the website. In the event you have a dispute with an Affiliate Merchant in any way relating to the CouponChief.com website or the use of information from the website, you agree to waive and release CouponChief from any and all claims, demands, actions, damages (actual and consequential), losses, costs or expenses of every kind and nature, known and unknown, disclosed and undisclosed relating to that dispute.
2. DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY.
CouponChief.com is being provided by Coupon Chief, Inc. "as is" and "as available." To the maximum extent permitted by law, CouponChief disclaims all representations and warranties, express or implied, with respect to CouponChief.com, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose, and implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance. You agree that CouponChief will not be liable for any costs or damages arising out of a dispute between you and any affiliated merchant, and you hereby expressly waive any such claim against CouponChief and its members, officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries, representatives, and agents. CouponChief does not make any representations or guarantees regarding any goods or services offered or provided by affiliate merchants or suppliers. CouponChief does not make any representations that access to this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, and CouponChief assumes no responsibility for any damage caused by you access, or inability to access, this site, including, but not limited to, your inability to receive CouponChief Pays-2-Share money by purchasing items with a participating merchant. In no event shall CouponChief be liable for any damages, claims or losses incurred (including without limitation compensatory, incidental, indirect, specials, consequential, or exemplary damages), however cauused and under any theory of liability arising in connection with your use of CouponChief.com; any act or omission by CouponChief in administering the website or the program; or the purchase or use of any goods or services of merchants or suppliers, even if CouponChief has been advised of the possibility of such damages, claims, or losses and notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event shall CouponChief be liable to you for direct damages caused by CouponChief IN EXCESS OF THE Pays-2-Share money earned by you during the most recent six (6) months. Some states do not allow limitations on incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify CouponChief, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of CouponChief.com, the violation of these terms by you, or the infringement by you, or any other user of your account, of any intellectual property or other right, of any person or entity, or as a result of any threatening, libelous, obscene, harassing or offensive material contained in any member communications.
3. Amendment to Agreement. The "terms and conditions" set forth within this agreement may change from time to time; CouponChief will post those changes on this page. You consent to be bound by all the said "terms and conditions," including any and all updates thereto. CouponChief will not be responsible if you do not learn of the modification. It is your responsibility to check this page of the CouponChief.com site regularly to determine whether this agreement has been modified. If you do not agree to any modification of this agreement, you must immediately terminate your username, password, and registration.
4. Compliance with Laws and Regulations. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You may participate in CouponChief.com's Pays-2-Share program if and to the extent that such participation is permitted by such laws, rules and regulations. CouponChief may refuse to enroll, restrict, modify or terminate your username, password and registration without liability to you or any other third party if you violate any law, rule or regulation, of if your participation could violate any law, rule or regulation.
5. Proprietary Rights to Content. You acknowledge that CouponChief.com content, including but not limited to: text, sounds, photographs, graphics, or other material contained in any CouponChief.com communication, advertisements or messages, whether by CouponChief, CouponChief.com or CouponChief's advertiser's or Affiliated Merchants, service and software are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, and/or other proprietary rights and laws. You are only permitted to use content, service, or software as expressly authorized by CouponChief, its advertisers and Affiliated Merchants, as the case may be.
6. Termination of Agreement.
(a) Any violation of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement is grounds for termination of your user name, password and registration with CouponChief.com.
(b) CouponChief reserves the right to terminate your user name, password and registration, if your account is inactive for twenty-four (24) consecutive months. An account shall be deemed and considered to be inactive if there has not been any Pays-2-Share earning activity.
(c) You may terminate your user name, password and registration at any time by sending an email to our Customer Service.
(d) If your user name, password and registration with CouponChief.com is terminated for any reason, either by you or by CouponChief, you shall forfeit any and all earned CouponChief Pays-2-Share funds in your account.
7. Notice. All CouponChief notices will be given by email, postal mail, or by blog posting to the CouponChief.com website.
8. Waiver. CouponChief's failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
9. Choice of Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without reference to conflicts of law rules, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the courts located in San Diego County, California for all matters in connection with this Agreement or your use of CouponChief.com.
10. CouponChief.com reserves the right to terminate your user name, password and registration, if your account has been associated with any legally questionable activity.
11. Severability of Provisions. Any provision (or part thereof) of this Agreement which is found to be invalid, prohibited, or unenforceable, shall be ineffective only to the extent of such prohibition and unenforceable, without invalidating the remainder of the provision or the remaining provisions hereof. To the extent permitted by the applicable law, each of the parties hereto hereby waives any provision of law which prohibits or renders unenforceable any provisions hereof in any respect.Terms last updated 8/26/2008