Presidents’ Day is February 15, and while the holiday is all about celebrating the accomplishments of our presidents, it’s also the perfect time to save some serious cash at your favorite stores.
We’re rounding up the top Presidents’ Day deals for 2021, so get ready to head out on a long weekend shopping spree. Don’t forget to print out the fun activities and games below to keep the kids busy while you shop!
When Is Presidents’ Day?
Presidents’ Day is February 15 this year and you can expect some great deals to start at the beginning of the month. Still, your best time to buy will be the long holiday weekend from February 12 to 15. You may also be able to grab some great Valentine’s specials while you’re shopping.
43 Presidents’ Day Deals
Ready to start your shopping spree? Some of these deals expire before the holiday, so don’t wait to save on your favorites. Check out these deals from major retailers including Urban Outfitters and Best Buy, or jump to your favorite category.
- Apparel Deals
- Electronics Discounts
- Home and Furniture Specials
- Health and Wellness Deals
- Travel Specials
- Miscellaneous Discounts
Clothing should be at the top of your Presidents’ Day shopping list. With so many retailers trying to declutter their remaining winter stock, expect to see tons of great sales and discounts from your favorite apparel stores. The biggest discounts may be on cold-weather styles, but now is the perfect time to stock up for next year.
- Kohl’s: Kohl’s Card holders get 30% off their entire purchase through January 27.
- GAP: GAP is always offering great deals, but last year Presidents’ Day online shoppers could take up to 40–50% off sitewide.
- Urban Outfitters: Enjoy free shipping on orders over $50 through February 13.
- Old Navy: Always the place to go for great deals, Old Navy’s Presidents’ Day sale usually includes 50% off sitewide for online shoppers.
- Macy’s: Major department stores like Macy’s offer up to 60% or more off clothing on Presidents’ Day, so be sure to visit them during the long weekend.
- J. Crew: Check out J. Crew’s long weekend sale for great deals with up to 40% off select items. You can also enjoy 15% off through February 28.
- L.L. Bean: Be sure to check out L.L. Bean’s sales for discounts on winter apparel and the return of 2019’s 25% off sale.
- Levi’s: America’s favorite jeans offer 30% off sitewide purchases for President’s Day weekend.
- Madewell: From cashmere sweaters to trendy hoop earrings, Insiders saved 10% and Stars and Icons saved 20% in last year’s sale.
- REI: Stock up for next year with REI’s winter clearance. Shoppers could take an additional 50% off already marked-down items.
- The North Face: Hoping to jump on the last of the winter sales? The North Face’s winter sale takes up to 30% off winter gear.
- Universal Standard: Love surprises? Universal Standard marks down their Limited Edition three-piece Foundation Collection mystery box to $50, originally up to $500 in value.
The biggest savings on electronics and tech are usually during Black Friday and Cyber Monday in November, but these deals will make your Presidents’ Day splurge worth it.
- Best Buy: Save hundreds on select Samsung Galaxy phones through January 31, and receive a $100 gift card with a Sansung kitchen upgrade through February 24.
- Dell: PC lovers should jump on Dell’s Presidents’ Day discounts — laptops and desktops could be marked down by as much as 70% for the long weekend.
- Walmart: Grab everything from cordless vacuums to Google Home products at Walmart this Presidents’ Day for up to half off the normal price.
Home and Furniture
- Hamilton Beach: Take 10% off sitewide with code PRES10 at checkout. This offer expires February 14, 2021.
- Corelle: Save 20% off sitewide (including clearance items) with code WEBSAVE20 when you check out before January 31, 2021.
- Awara: Take $300 off your order with code SLEEPADV300 at checkout.
- Casper: Save 15% on a new mattress through January 21, 2021, with code STAYINBED.
- Birch: Save $200 on a new mattress plus two free pillows with code NEWSLEEP200 until January 24.
- Wayfair: Wayfair is always having great sales, including 65% off living room items and up to 70% off all rugs.
- Bed, Bath and Beyond: Take advantage of winter clearance with up to 50% off select items.
- Birch Lane: For everything from rugs to bedroom sets, look no further than Birch Lane’s deals. Birch Lane’s Presidents’ Day sale usually takes an extra 15% off with free shipping.
- Burrow: Burrow’s offerings always come with free, one-week shipping on every order.
- Lowe’s: Whether you need a kitchen update or some organization in your garage, Lowe’s is the place to go for major savings on home goods, with offers up to 35% off appliances and 40% off kitchen.
- Target: Expect more, pay less. Target’s catchphrase comes true on Presidents’ Day — the sale usually offers 20–25% off select items.
- Marshall’s: Save up to 75% with their winter clearance sale, plus get free shipping on orders over $89 with code SHIP89.
- Bassett Furniture: The winter clearance sale has started and you can save up to 70% off.
Health, Beauty, and Wellness
A commitment to better health is part of everyone’s New Year’s resolutions — what better way to improve your lifestyle than with these promotions?
- Walmart: Stick to your New Year’s resolutions with free two-day shipping and up to 51% off select fitness items, including treadmills, weight sets, and other gear.
- HelloFresh: Ready to try out the latest trend in grocery shopping? Hello Fresh is giving $90 off your first four weeks with code P5-BLQ9Y.
- Patchology: Get your spring glow on with award-winning skincare products. Take advantage of free shipping on all orders over $25 and get fun free samples at checkout.
- Road Runner Sports: Don’t skip these serious deals on athletic gear, accessories, and nutrition. Shoppers could save 10% off any order plus free shipping through February 28, 2021, with code C0X1A818.
- TRX: Make the most out of your workout with TRX’s training gear. Get $15 off suspension training through January 31, plus enjoy free shipping on orders over $99.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: Shop clearance for up to 75% off winter apparel and gear.
Presidents’ Day usually includes discounts on airfare and hotels for jetsetters. Whether you’re planning a trip to Washington, D.C. over the long weekend or hitting up the beach to escape cold weather, you can save big with these deals.
- CheapOair: Use promo code SUN30 at checkout to take $30 off flight fees. Be sure to check out their Presidents’ Day travel deals for more ways to save.
- Travelocity: Save 15% on hotels in-app with code APP15 or book a last-minute cruise for as low as $150.
- Orbitz: Book by March 31 and save 15% on select hotel bookings using code APP15.
- Rosetta Stone: For those who’ve always wanted to learn a new language, now is the time! Get 60% off a year of languages when you buy before January 31 with code TUTOR60.
Miscellaneous Presidents’ Day Deals
From sweet treats to subscription boxes, don’t leave these Presidents’ Day deals off your shopping list.
- Cratejoy: Subscription junkies rejoice! Take up to 50% off select boxes when you enter your email.
- Sugarfina: Shoppers with a sweet tooth should check out Sugarfina’s sales in February. Enjoy 20% off your first order when you subscribe to their email list.
- Adrianna Papell: Planning a wedding? Get $20 off your purchase of $100 or move with code WELCOME20.
- Delphi Glass: Save $30 on your order of $250 or more through January 31.
When Do Presidents’ Day Deals Start?
You’ll find the best deals during the Presidents’ Day Weekend, but you should definitely start shopping earlier! Many retailers will begin their sales at the beginning of February, and tracking sale announcements will help you find the best bargain.
Of course, you’re not just looking for Presidents’ Day Deals. Many stores are clearing out their winter inventory, which means you have the chance to save big. Additionally, Presidents’ Day is sharing the holiday weekend with Valentine’s Day, which means even more specials for you to love.
What Is Best To Buy on Presidents’ Day?
Many stores will be clearing out seasonal stock for new styles, which means winter clothing will have bigger markdowns. Furniture styles are also cycling out for the season, and holiday sales are some of the best times to buy a new mattress.
If you’ve been looking to upgrade your home, check out appliances like refrigerators and dishwashers, too. Winter is a slow time for home improvements, so retailers are offering discounts to move inventory.
Presidents’ Day Printable Activities for Kids
With all the shopping you’ll be doing on Presidents’ Day this year, you’ll need some fun activities to keep the kiddos busy. What better way to spend Presidents’ Day than by learning about the incredible leaders of our country?
We’ve created printable games and activities to help your little ones learn about some of our most famous presidents and the important job they do for our country.
Name That Coin Matching Game
Teach your kids some basic money skills while they’re learning about some of the United States’ greatest presidents in history!
- Print out the game card template.
- Collect coins of different values: pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters.
- Help your child match the coin to its corresponding value or name on the game card.
- Talk about each coin’s face as you match it to its value –– use the fun facts to learn about the presidents on each coin!
For older kids, try making the game more challenging! Hand them the game card without coins, then have them name the president that goes with each coin’s value (for example, the 25 cents box is matched with President George Washington).
If I Were President Writing Prompts
This printable is a great opportunity to learn about responsibility, setting goals, and the importance of good leadership skills.
While your little one might be tempted to be silly and respond with things like “I’d never have to eat vegetables again,” be sure to also talk with them about more serious goals to get them thinking.
Presidents’ Day Scavenger Hunt
Put your little I-spyers to work with this patriotic scavenger hunt! Cross things off the list when you spot them as you head out on your Presidents’ Day shopping spree.
Being president is no easy job, but with these Presidents’ Day deals, it’s easy to save money on everything from clothing to electronics!